On September 15, 2018, the 10th annual Vermont Code Camp was held at Champlain College in Burlington, VT. For several years, this annual one-day conference has been on my radar screen. For various reasons, I have not been able to attend. But finally in 2018, I was able to make the trek up to Burlington. It was a beautiful Saturday morning drive up Route 7 to the VT Code Camp.
As you can see from the schedule of sessions on the homepage, there were 28 sessions to choose from (7 time slots x 4 classrooms). I attended the following sessions:
- Internet of Things with Scott Thibault (Bit Banging and Other Fun Programming on the Edge)
- Single Page Webapps (SPA) with Bradley Holt (Enterprise Apps for the Web Platform)
- SEO with John Waterman (Everything SEO: Strategy, Process, Technical Implementation, Tools, & the Real World)
- UX / UI with Kyle Mitofsky (Practical UX and UI for Developers)
- IT Careers with Kip Steele (How to get a great job and build a network in a rural market)
- Project Management with Annmarie Curley (5 Key Skills & Tools to Instantly Improve Project Success)
- WordPress with Josh Lee (Developer’s Guide to WordPress)
For some time slots it was a tough choice as to which session to attend. Luckily, if you join the Meetup group for Vermont Coders Connection, in the comment section for the VT Code Camp post, you can get the links to some of the slide decks for other presentations.
Continue reading “10th annual Vermont Code Camp, My First Visit”